Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Melancholy Musings...

have been reading a few blogs from homeone and getting short of depressed. Well maybe i should be more optimistic and say i'm becoming better informed. I had originally given a period of about a year to go through council and building and thought that this even had some buffer for delays but noooo.... I think it will be incredible if it does get completed within a year.

More often than not, home building blogs start well enough. Happy visions are expressed of dream homes, fantastic colour schemes and dazzling pictures of the display house of their choice. Then reality hits as council regulation after council regulation knocks them down a notch or two. After several submissions and reports required by council, finally! An approval to build is received. Then much waiting occurs for the all important slab. I'll admit, this is a point to get excited about and I will do much the same when my turn comes along! 1 step forward, 3 steps back, we get to some sort of structure being erected and the finish line seems achievable. For those with attention to detail, many pictures of the stages of their home are provided as well as minor flaws and deviations from the plan. These are much appreciated for myself as armed with this knowledge, I too intend to check that every nook and cranny is as it should be. I paid for it dammit! At this point, some blogs trail off, never to return, at which point I assume that the authors are either living the dream now or have written woeful scripts of endless phone tags and playing the waiting game for issues to be resolved.

I digress, I will go on in this quest and reign supreme! Because like everyone else, I've already bought the land and got no choice now!

No comments: